TP-Link Router Setup For Wireless Network
Wednesday , 8, April 2020
If you are using a TP-Link router for your new internet connection or your new modem, this is the easiest guide for you. Usually, a modem can only transmit a wired internet connection. So if you want to maximize your internet access using your other mobile devices then it is wise to use the TP-Link router. The TP-Link routers and its technology have been known to be reliable and are easy to configure. Plus it lasts longer and delivers a consistent internet service protocol. So if you are ready, here is how the TP-Link router setup goes.
TP-Link Router Setup
- If this is your first time to use your TP-Link router, then the setup should be a little more straightforward. All you need to do is use a LAN cable to connect the TP-Link router to your DSL modem. The LAN cable should be properly plugged from the modem’s internet port to the router’s internet port.
- Turn on both the modem and the router.
- As soon as they are turned on, check your smartphone or laptop if the TP-Link router signal is already available. It should be named TP-LINKXXXX. The name depends on the model number or to be sure, you may check the sticker below the router as all the necessary details are printed right there. And yes, that includes the default username and password.
- Now open your browser either on your laptop or your smartphone device. But to make it easier, just use the laptop for now. Any browser will do such as Google Chrome, Safari, Explorer, or Firefox.
- On the address bar, type the TP-Link web-based management page. Typically, it is https://tplinkwifi.net/ but if that does not work, then try going to 192.168.l.l or simply refer to the sticker at the bottom of the router. It is supposed to be indicated there.
- Usually, the WAN connection type is automatically detected by the TP-Link router setup as soon as it detects it. But if in case it does not, you may check the WAN Connection Type and see if your internet service provider name is already there. If not, just click the Detect button right next to it and it will automatically show. Or you can enter or type the details manually. Provided that your ISP gave it to you. If not, just call your ISPs hotline and ask for it.
- You may also edit the default username and password to login to the router’s management page at 192.168.l.l if you want. But please make sure to create a copy of the new username or password in case you forget it. Better to be safe than sorry, right?
- When you are done, just click Save at the bottom of the page and let it load.
- Now, on your web browser, open a new tab.
- Type any website address such as YouTube and check if you finally have an internet access.
In case the default username and password do not work…
If you already changed the username and password but cannot remember where you kept a copy, it is time for factory reset. Here is what you should do.
- Make sure that the router is turned on.
- Normally, there is a reset button on every TP-Link router. So all you need to do is look for the reset button at the back. Most of the time, it is labeled WPS/Reset.
- If you find the reset button, press it for 10 seconds then let go.
- Supposedly, the LED light will start to blink faster as you press it by the 10-seconds long press. This means that it will now reset to factory settings.
- Let the router restart and do its thing. Once it is done, you can now try logging in again and use the default username and password. That’s it.
If you have other concerns, please feel free to leave your queries in the comment section. We will be more than glad to answer all your questions especially regarding the TP-Link router setup.
In your opinion, what is the best TP-Link router right now on the market? Tell us your best recommendations and we will compare it with other routers.
Other Interesting Topic: Learn Bitcoin And The Most Important Things About It